Geez, I'm not doing so well at keeping you guys updated. So much is going on so fast, and midterms aren't helping. That's right, I'm already mid-term. Crazy, huh? Time flies when you're not being oppressed by one's major. Just kidding. But seriously, folks. This trip is flying by.
I think I'm gonna cop out like I did last time and give only a brief bullet point overview of things. I think the biggest event to take place over the last week was a visit to London from my brother. Rick came up to see me and a bunch of his buddies during a week vacation he had from work. It was really awesome to chill with Rick in London. I got to show him around a bit, and he brought me along to see a couple things I hadn't before. I had never been that close to Buckingham Palace, taken a boat down the Themes or visited Abbey road before he visited. It was also really cool to see his buddy from high school, Jussi. I got to see their little ikea infused flat, and meet his lovely fiance. Good times.
Other than that I've been out a couple times, gotten a pair of really attractive boots, and worked a lot on school work. Well, in chunks. To tell the truth, I haven't devoted as much time as I would usually think fit for my design work, but the academic expectations for us here in London are kinda skewed. They don't expect us to put as much time into things... it all spells out for a busy summer catching my CMD work up. I want to handle my next couple of projects a bit more gracefully though.
This week my first real multidisciplinary project is due. I have a lot of stuff to do for it this weekend. I also have a couple treats planned out for myself. I'm seeing a concert tomorrow night, and I'm going to a cool Byzantium exhibit on Sunday.
My next CMD project should be fun. We're asked to pick an issue in the community to focus on. Lots of people are doing drugs, or smoking or sexual health and the like. I decided to be a bit more upbeat. I took up boredom. I want to create a campaign to inspire people to exercise their brains and keep their minds spry. I have to do research and initial ideas and sketches this week. I'm excited.
Well. That's a bit about my recent past. I know I've been on and off at posting, but keep checking in on me. Also leave comments if you think of something to tell me. I hope you're doing great and that life is treating you well. Thanks for reading! Toodles!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Al. I'm reading a book called "Flow" that ties in with your project. The premise is that people are happiest when their minds are busy. So people who are able to appreciate every situation that they are in and think about every experience, in a positive, appreciative way will never be bored and will be the happier than people who don't do this, even if they live the dream life, making lots of money or fame or gathering material things or any other things that many people believe will make them happy. Next time we talk we should discuss. Thanks for the update! Love you! Mom
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete